Blair Morgan was born Luella James on September 13, 1939 in Honolulu, Hawaii to Jesse and Genevieve James. Her father was a Vice Admiral in the US Navy, and her mother was a nurse. She was an only child and they considered her a miracle. However, her father was killed during the bombings of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 when Blair was just 2 years old. Her mother could not stand staying in Hawaii alone. 6 months later, she committed suicide. Blair was sent to live with her Aunt Katherine in Rhode Island, but she was quickly put into an orphanage when her Aunt decided to run off with the pastor. Since she was so young, she was quickly adopted and given the name Blair Morgan by her adoptive parents Lawrence and Lily Morgan. Lawrence was a real estate agent and Lily was a wedding planner in New York City. They seemed to live a perfect little life, but they never told Blair that she was adopted. When Blair turned 21, she was in a car accident and needed a blood transfusion. When both of her parents ended up not being matches, Blair was furious. They ended up telling her what really happened. When she left the hospital, she got on a bus and left town, never speaking to Lawrence and Lily again. She settled down in Leighton, Alabama where she met her husband Charles. They wed 6 months after their first date, and had their first child 9 months later. 7 years of marriage, 5 children, and 3 mistresses later, she couldn’t take it anymore. She ended up drowning her husband in their pool, claiming he “fell in.” The death was ruled to be accidental, and she and the children packed up and moved to Detroit, Michigan where she picked up work as a crime scene cleaner.
Blair is 5’5 with curves identical to Marilyn Monroe. Her chocolate brown wavy hair falls down to just past her waist, but she usually keeps it up in a neat bun. Her hazel eyes dance in the sunlight, and her smile lights up a room…at least it would if she ever flashed people more than a half smile. Blair prefers to dress casually, but can dress up for a good time. Her skin is light, but she tans well. You’ll always find her with dramatic eye make up, and her lips painted with berry red lipstick.
- Her favorite food is a Salt Bagel with Vegetable Cream Cheese. Growing up in NY will do that to you.
- Her favorite drink is a Martini on the Rocks. Lets be real, killing someone hits you hard.
- Her favorite color is Magenta. People who like magenta can be quite resourceful when they need to be.
- Her favorite book is Of Mice and Men. She always felt somewhat connected to poor Lenny.
- Her favorite movie is Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho. Wouldn’t that be your favorite movie if you murdered your husband?
- Her favorite possession is her box of stolen items from crime scenes. As someone who cleans up other people’s messes, she sometimes finds treasures that could change everything….
“Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.”
As you can see, Blair has been through A LOT, but that doesn’t mean much to her. As a single, widowed mother of 5, she has a lot on her plate. As the semester goes on, you’ll learn much more about Blair, her past, her children and much much more. Be prepared. Not everyone is as good as they seem to be on the outside.